Listen Up

Hello! This blog is dedicated to my writings, poems, art work, and occasional ramblings. If you are more interested in reading about my travels or seeing some of my photography, check out my other blog - nomadicflowerchild.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Last Hope

I was listening to the new Paramore album for the 7th time, at least, and I actually listened to the words of the song, I payed attention, and there was this one bit that really spoke to me.

"And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to
It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore
And the blood in these veins isn't pumping any less than it ever has
And that's the hope I have, the only thing I know that's keeping me alive" 
- Last Hope by Paramore.

This part of the song in particular I could really relate to, and it gave me a little bit of hope. :)

I guess it really spoke to me because I've been battling depression for so long, and sometimes you just come to the end of your rope, life just isn't worth living anymore because it's just gotten worse and worse. But, the blood in these veins isn't pumping any less than it ever has. Maybe I'm alright...

You can listen to the song here on youtube: 

No comments:

Post a Comment